- Plan Accordingly: It is best to plan a Botox treatment 3-4 weeks before desired outcome as this allows time for a touchup if necessary.
- Avoid Blood Thinners: One week prior, avoid NSAIDS: aspirin, ibuprofen (generic, Advil, Aleve or Motrin), Vitamin E and fish oil or omega-3s to prevent bruising.
- Don’t skip breakfast: The morning of, consume plenty of food and drink as this will decrease the chances of lightheadedness during the treatment.
- No alcohol: no alcoholic beverages for 24hrs prior to treatment to avoid bruising.
- Arnica: you may take Arnica 2-3 days prior before treatment to prevent bruising.
- Topical products: Do not apply products that are potentially irritating for 2-3 days before and after treatment (examples- tretinoin/retin-a, glycolic acid, benzoyl peroxide, hydroquinone).
- Viral outbreak: Inform your Provider if you have a history of cold sores to receive advice on antiviral therapy prior to treatment.
- Pregnant / Breastfeeding / other: Do not receive treatment if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, are allergic to ingredients, or have a history of neurologic disorders.
Day of TREATMENT
- Please arrive with a clean face / no makeup.
- You may experience a mild amount of tenderness or stinging during and after the procedure.
- Redness and swelling are normal, some bruising may also be visible.
- Stay in a vertical position after treatment for a few hours; avoid massages or laying down.
- Ice (but avoid firm pressure) for 15 minutes 3 times on the day of treatment.
- You may take Acetaminophen/Tylenol if you experience any mild tenderness/discomfort.
- DO NOT massage treated areas after treatment.
- You may take arnica or apply topical arnica to any swollen or bruised areas.
- Avoid extended UV exposure until any redness/swelling has subsided. Apply SPF.
- Avoid exercise for 24 hours, you may resume normal routines the following day.